10 Facts About Working and Living in Dubai
If you’ve ever dreamed of living in one of the world’s most vibrant metropolises, this article is for you. We’ll look at some of the exciting benefits of working and living in Dubai, from dunes to skyscrapers, as well as some other interesting facts about this great city.
- Its home to the world’s tallest building: The Burj Khalifa Tower. This magnificent tower is a sight to behold and measures an incredible 828 meters (2,717 feet) high, with 163 floors.
- The city never sleeps: It’s known as the City of Gold for a reason! Dubai has a vibrant nightlife scene, where people can party in the early morning hours. Famous nightclubs include Hollywood and Giggys.
- Its home to some pretty unique sports: Snorkelling is one of Dubai’s most popular water sports. People snorkel in shallow reef areas, looking at colorful fish and coral. Another popular sport is camel racing; people use the city’s expansive desert to host these races.
- It’s the third most visited city in the world: Watch out, world, Dubai is coming! More than 42 million people visited Dubai in 2012.
- Its home to some stunning architecture: The stunning Arc de Triomphe is genuinely one of a kind. The structure was built in memory of three UAE war heroes; it was meant to be a temporary piece but has become an iconic symbol of Dubai. Another unique building is the Burj Al Arab, or the Torch Tower, as locals call it.
- You can live on Mount Palmer Road: With more than 1km (0.6 miles) of coastline, you can live on the beach. This stretch of sand is one of the most exclusive addresses in Dubai.
- You can have a foodie fix: You can pick from an incredible array of dishes. If you have a big appetite, you can try the “Dhow,” traditional Arabic boat-shaped bread. Roti canal is another popular dish that originated in Malaysia. If you’re looking for something juicy, then the shawarma wrap is your dish.
- Lifestyles are jet-setting: Dubai is becoming increasingly popular as a holiday destination, with tourists from all over the world choosing this city to relax on holiday. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious or more affordable holiday, Dubai has it all.
Dubai is a truly unique city with a diverse and fascinating history. If you’re looking for a new place to live, this article gives you some exciting ideas about what you can do and where you can work here.You’ll love it to be working and living in Dubai.